Honda Marine BF100 - 20 in.
Call for Price
More quality time on the water.
You’re looking at Honda’s most advanced technology – a lightweight powerhouse in a mid-range package. The BF100, 90 and 75 offer a host of Honda legendary technological advancements and exclusives.
Starting with VTEC technology on the BF90 and BF100. VTEC provides a superior blend of power, torque, and fuel efficiency at any speed. It’s the same Honda exclusive feature used on Honda cars, a premium innovation put to good use on our outboards.
Add in Multi-port Electronic Fuel Injection, BLAST, Lean Burn Control, and a 3 Way Cooling system, and you’ve got a pair of motors that are explosive upon acceleration, economical, efficient, and durable – which means maximum quality time on the water for you and minimum fuss.
- Proven 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Legendary Honda Reliability: The technology we applied to our 75, 90, and 100hp outboard engine is the very same that powers one of the most popular cars in the world, the Honda Fit.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
- VTEC® - Smooth acceleration and power (90hp): Available on the BF90 and BF100, Honda’s Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) system provides power where and when you need it. VTEC gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel economy. VTEC is the modern replacement for displacement.
- Programmed Fuel Injection - Powerful performance: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, the BF75, 90 and 100 run on up to 20% less fuel* than others in its class. (*Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.)
- BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Meets NMEA 2000 standards - on-board connectivity: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
- Fisherman Friendly Variable Speed Trolling: Another great advantage for fishermen is the 75, 90, and 100’s push button troll speed. Simply push up or down in 50 RPM increments from 750rpm to 1000 rpm. It’s standard on the tiller and optional on the remote.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving, preventing engine damage.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- High Performance Gearcase - gets you going faster: Designed to get you going faster, the high performance gearcase reduces drag, greatly reduces hull porpoise and minimizes spray, thus increasing acceleration and top speed. A longer anti-ventilation plate helps trap water flowing to the propeller to minimize porpoising, while a streamlined front and longer bullet reduce drag for enhanced acceleration and fuel efficiency. A front splash plate reduces spray from the hull bottom, maintaining a dry deck above, and a 2.33:1 gear ratio affords the use of 13- to 14-inch diameter propellers for heavier loads.
- Superior Battery Charging - More usable power: There's always plenty of electric power with Honda's exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel. The alternator develops 44 amps in total and 35 amps of charging amps, it's twice the output of some competitors. It provides high output and keeps battery banks charged all day, even when running multiple accessories.
- Center Mount Tiller - Easier control: The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- Lightweight: The BF75, BF90, and BF100 are among the lightest engines in their class.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Easy Maintenance: An easy "screw-type" valve adjuster system requires no shims, which reduces maintenance costs. Front-mounted oil filter and oil filler make for easy maintenance.
- Torsion Dampener - improved handling.: Sometimes called a flywheel, it is located near the base of the powerhead. This design lowers the center of gravity for improved handling.
- SOHC 4 Valve/Cyl. Design - max power: The powerful 1.5L, 4-cylinder design utilizes a single overhead cam, and two intake valves to deliver maximum torque and power.
- 3-Way Cooling System - Cool running durability: Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder heads running cooler for long-term durability.
- Top Mounted Electronics: The alternators, ignition and other critical electrical components are mounted near the top of the powerhead to stay cool and dry. The result? Dependable performance.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
- 3 Position Tiller Handle: The 3 Position Tiller Handle adjusts to your comfort for easiest hull maneuverability.
- Built-In Pitot Tube: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Non-Linear Mounting System - Smoother operation: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Sealed Starter - Protection for long life: The starter motor is inverted into a sealed chamber that protects the starter drive from the elements.
- Positive Lubrication: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Available in 20 and 25 inch shaft configurations
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 4 Cylinder/16 Valves
- Displacement: 1,496 cc (91.4 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 73 mm x 89.4 mm (3.0 x 3.5 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,500-6,300 rpm
- Rated Power: 100 hp @ 5,900 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel: Unleaded Gas (93 Octane)
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Fuel Injection
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 68 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator (Electric Start): 44 Amp
- Battery Charging Power: 35 Amp
- Propeller: Optional
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Overall Width: 480 mm/18.9 in.
- L Type: 508 mm/20 in.
- L-Type: 163 kg/359 lb.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke SOHC 4 Cylinder/16 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.0 x 3.5 in. (73 mm x 89.4 mm)
- 91.4 cu.in. (1,496 cc)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 359 lb. (163 kg)
- Trim Method
- -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 100 hp @ 5,900 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,500-6,300 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.33:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- Programmed Fuel Injection
- 44 Amp
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty